G0MWT, GX0MWT, GB5HF, GB5SM, GB100MWT & M2T
Skills Night - Jun-2017
Monday evening, 7pm June 19th 2017, is Essex Skills Night. Skills Coordinator Pete M0PSX is prepping this popular event (now in its fourth year), so do get in touch if you have something to offer.
Skills is a great opportunity to get "hands-on" with aerials, datamodes, construction, our famous Quiz and more. A variety of "show and tell" tables with something for the new and experienced Ham alike. This is a FREE event and open to members, non-members and visitors - all are welcome and there's tea/coffee, too!
This will be the last Skills Night before the Summer break. The provisional activities for this month’s event include:
Note: At this time, we still have a few spare tables available. Please get in touch with Pete M0PSX if you have something you’d like to show off, to perhaps inspire other amateurs to try something new…
- Testing, Testing: Mike G4NVT will be along with his new spectrum analyser for testing antennas and handhelds, VSWR testing measuring frequency and filters. If you have anything you’d like tested, please bring it along
- Bits & Bobs: Hopefully, William G8CYK will be bringing along a few bits and bobs that he wasn’t able to dispose of at the Tabletop sale. You may walk away with an unexpected goodie
- Getting Started: A data modes demo, advice and leaflets from Essex Ham, the Raspberry Pi Zero playing the Essex Ham’s latest video, details of the online Foundation training course, plus the event’s wi-fi
- Callsign badges and pens: Get a callsign badge or gold-plated pen engraved while you wait
- Auction: After the quiz, David M1ECC and Mike G4NVT will hold an auction. Got something to sell at the auction? See Mike and David on the night to discuss reserves (if any). Due to time constraints, it might not be possible to auction every item on the night, so please limit any entries to 1 or 2 items per person. A percentage of sales will go to the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society.
- Skills Quiz: Some more topical and challenging questions, courtesy of Murray G6JYB … just for fun
As always, various members of CARS, Essex RAYNET, Essex Repeater Group, Essex CW Club and Essex Ham will be on hand to help with questions as well as volunteers in the kitchen doing the tea/coffee and nibbles.
Venue: Danbury Village Hall, CM3 4NQ
Skills Night takes place at the Danbury Village Hall – Entrance is free, and the event is open to all. Tea/coffee is also available.
Want to be notified of future events?
- subscribe to the free CARS Skills mailing list
Skills Night Main Page Training Main Page CARS Home Page